Awards and accolades
Energy conservation and other awards received by the divisions in the recent past:
- Birla Century is the first integrated fabric manufacturing unit in India which cleared Sustainable Textile Production (STeP) certification with highest rating from Hohenstein (Germany).
- Birla Century also qualified as the first unit in textile sector for Made In Green (MIG) Tag from Hohenstein
The above denotes that the products manufactured by the plant are Eco-friendly and under Green & sustainable
Rayon, Tyre Cord & Chemica
- CII Certificate for Excellence in energy Management 2016 received for being the “Energy Efficient Unit” in the competition held at Hyderabad.
- 2 Gold (1 st Place) and 2 Silver (2 nd Place) were achieved by 4 quality circles who participated at QCFI’s Chapter and National Convention 2016.
- 3 “Sujhav Ratan” Awards from INSSAN (Indian National Suggestion Schemes’ Association) were received at the 18 th Creativity Summit held at New Delhi in August 2016.
- Oeko Tex Certificate received for upgradation from Product Class II to Class I (suitable even for Baby Skin).
- The ISO 9001 has been updated to 2015 version for Manufacture & Supply of Industrial Chemicals by TUV Nord. ISO 9001: 2008 exists for the manufacture of viscose filament yarn.
- First Prize for “Overall Performance” and “Storage, Transport & Use of Explosive” for the limestone mines during Annual Safety Celebrations – 2016 held under the aegis of Directorate General of Mines Safety, Bilaspur and Raigarh Region.
- First Prize for “Reclamation & Rehabilitation” for its limestone mines in the category of mechanized mines, Chhattisgarh during the Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation Week, Raipur Region 2016-17 from the Indian Bureau of Mines, Raipur.
- First Prize for the “Overall Performance” and “Systematic and Scientific Development” for its limestone mines in the category of mechanized mines during the 26 th Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation Week 2016-17 from the Indian Bureau of Mines, Jabalpur region.
- First Prize for the “Overall Performance” for its limestone mines in the category of highly mechanized mines during the Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation Week 2016-2017 held under the aegis of Controller General, Indian Bureau of Mines, Nagpur.
Century Pulp & Paper (CPP)
- During the year, Century Pulp & Paper, Lalkuan participated in 100 th and 101 st “Agro-industrial Exhibition – 2016 and 2017” organised by and held at G B Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar and Century Pulp & Paper has been adjudged First position.
During last eleven consecutive such exhibitions, ten times Century Pulp & Paper has stood First.